Do you think about the perfect gift for someone who enjoys theatre and opera? Flowers can be a great way to show appreciation for someone’s love of the arts. After all, you can’t go wrong with flowers since they are a universally loved gesture.
However, you must understand flower etiquette before calling a flower delivery for a bouquet of fresh blooms. This is a set of customs and rules that dictate how flowers should be given and received.
Here are some tips for practising flower etiquette before, during, and after an opera or theatre play.
Never Give Flowers Before the Performance
While it can sound tempting to give the actors a beautiful bouquet before they take the stage, it is considered bad etiquette. Flowers should not be given to anyone in the theatre until the performance is over because flowers can be a distraction and can take away from the performance.
The best time for us to give the performers flowers would be after the show when they take their bows. This is when the audience acknowledges them, and they can accept the flowers with gratitude.
However, the only time it would be appropriate to give flowers to an actor before a show is if they are sick or performing in a play that requires them to be in costume. The actors can be given flowers before the show to help them feel better.
Understand the Art of Throwing Flowers on Stage After a Performance
If you have leftover flower petals from the ones you ordered from your flower delivery service, you might have considered throwing them on stage after a performance; you’re not alone. Many of us think this is a nice way to show appreciation for the performers. After all, they worked hard on the stage, which is a nice gesture to show appreciation.
However, there’s an art to throwing flowers on stage after a performance. Here are some pointers to assist you:
- Wait until the performers are taking their bows. This is the most appropriate time to throw flowers on stage.
- Make sure the flowers are dry. Wet flowers will ruin the stage and could also be a safety hazard.
- Aim for the centre of the stage. This is the best place to throw flowers so the performers and the audience can see them.
Know What Type of Flowers to Give After the Performance
There are various types of flowers that you can order from your flower delivery service that would convey your appreciation for the performance of the actors and all the representatives of the crew that helped in making it all happen. Some great flowers to give as a thank-you include:
- Iris: This flower means “message of congratulations.”
- Stargazer Lily: This flower is associated with appreciation and is often given to someone who has done a great job. It is also known as the “lion’s head” lily because it resembles the mane of a lion.
- White Rose: This is the traditional symbol of purity and innocence. It is also often given as a sign of respect.
When in doubt, you can never go wrong with a classic bouquet of roses.
Flower etiquette is important when giving flowers to someone in the theatre or opera. There are specific types of flowers that are appropriate to give, and it is important to avoid any flowers that may be wilted or have a strong scent. Give your loved ones the ideal present by adhering to these straightforward guidelines.
Welch provides quick and high-quality flower delivery services in the UK, so you can give the performers a fresh bouquet of blooms that would express your appreciation for their hard work. Order your flowers from us today!