The Welch's story began in 1920
1920 Fred and Dora Welch started their business at 37 Market Place, Long Eaton. Along with their son Reg, they sold high class fruit, vegetables, confectionary, tobacco and even homemade Ice Cream.
1945 Reg took over the business and started selling flowers.
1951 The business was accepted into membership of Interflora.
1956 Reg's son John joined the business and was made a partner in 1964.
1969 Tony Shaw was employed to run the floristry department
1973 The business moved solely to selling flowers, plants and gifts and Tony was made a Director.
1989 Tony and his wife Jan took over the sole running of Welch's when John retired.
1998 Gareth Shaw (Tony & Jan's son) joined the company.
2003 Gareth became a Director.
2009 We opened our second store in Nottingham City at 58 Derby Road, Nottingham.
2014 - 2017 We actively grew the Inteflora division (and our local delivery areas) at Welch's, incorporating six other former florists. Welch's now offers a full liveried van delivery service, 7 days a week, throughout Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Leicestershire.
2018 We opened our warehouse facility, now our Head Office, in Nottingham to centralise our flower deliveries. We import our flowers and sundries direct from Holland to ensure our quality and selection is the finest in the East Midlands. Today we are still a family business and our talented florists personally hand make all our floral gifts for delivery throughout Nottingham and Derby on a daily basis, as well as throughout the UK and the World using the Interflora service.
Our goal is to provide first class customer service complemented by beautiful flowers and gifts. We value customer loyalty and know it is vital to the continued success of our business, that's why we always go the extra mile.